Since life has gotten in the way of me being able to come up with a coherent blog entry I decided to use alliteration to throw 5 random things together about my life. Just because.
1. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that it’s not that hard to walk a few feet to put the cart back in the cart return area? Heh…I’m laughing just thinking about my Costco trip today. I managed to get the bird from some sixty something person that might have overheard me say “what a way to make a parking space into a cart return area”.
I applaud these people that returned their cart, whoever they are, after the Blizzard of 2011.
2. I have to limit myself to one shopping bag at Trader Joe’s each week. If I got a cart who knows how much I would buy. Take a look at the things I bought that weren’t on the list.
I bought the 5 seed almond bars because I wandered over to the far aisle just as I was about to check out because I saw those fiberful bars. They looked interesting and at only 50 cents each I got 4. I couldn’t wait though. I broke into one on the way home.
This was the fruit and veggie bar. Honestly, I wouldn’t have bought it if I had read the ingredients first but I’m glad I bought it. I had to eat the whole thing and savor the flavor to decide if I liked it. It wasn’t sweet. It wasn’t savory. It tasted a bit like beef jerkey but not really. It wasn’t as sweet as other fruit leather I’ve eaten but I like it. (I’ll let you know what I think of the others.)
3. I had to change/edit all my workouts Monday through Thursday because of 10 hour days at work. (Technically I was officially a minute short on Wednesday but who’s counting.) It’s worth it though. I got all the contact information compiled for my students and made all the contacts in 3 days. My hope is that at the end of the semester I will have more precious memories like these.
4. I’m watching Food Inc for the first time ever. Wow. I’m barely into it and I know this will affect how I eat and where I buy my food. Andrew, you were onto something.
5. I get to run 11 miles tomorrow! It’s my longest training run ever. The plan I used before my first half reached 10 miles. (I accidentally added .4 that day.) I hit the wall on the half marathon right at 10.4 miles. This time I hope to avoid that even though my training has been more spotty than I hoped. I want to make sure that I push through as many of my training and hope for the best come February 12.