So I mentioned yesterday that I decided to try out 7 day vegan after Morgan suggested it after the much talked about Oprah episode last Tuesday.
I didn’t think that it would be too hard. I’m already a quasi-vegitarian and I don’t eat that much dairy on a regular basis.
So when I went to Trader Joe’s last weekend I stocked up on some vegan snacks and a few other treats/things I didn’t need. I also spend most of yesterday morning prepping meals for this week because it is a super busy one with bus duty in the morning plus prepping for my personal day Friday and my second half marathon on Saturday.
I also indulged in a little “non-vegan” food ahead of time too, including pizza last night during the SuperBowl. Wow. I don’t know where it was the sodium or the dairy but it did not like me at all. I felt terrible.
I think I should back up a little.
What do I hope to get from doing this?
My main goal is to try new food and to figure out the effect of dairy on my body and hunger. I don’t intend on adopting veganism as a lifestyle. (I’m not that great at being a strict vegetarian either as I’ve said before.) FOr me this will be an interesting experiment.
How did day one go?
Well, I would have to say that it went pretty well. I made myself turn away from a dip in the candy jar mid day today. (It’s not vegan to say the least.) I also kept myself from nibbling on the remainder of the rotisserie chicken in the fridge.
On the flip side dinner did not turn out as I had hoped. I really did not like the tempeh. I gave it a shot. I even took a second bite. It was too spicy and it had a weird texture. I also tried a Pure bar. I didn’t like it. I gave it a shot though.
When dinner failed I think I ate too much. Actually, I think I ate too much period in the evening. I have got to work on that because I’m pretty sure that’s why i”m gaining wait. I’m eating too much. (That’s another story.)
I’ll check back in tomorrow.
Before I leave though I wanted to update my February goals.
1. Drink 4 full bottles of water a day. I think there was one day where I didn’t meat this goal but otherwise I’ve been doing really well. (Even with drinking less in the morning since I’m on bus duty.)
2. Push myself 100% in my workouts. I would grade myself with an 80% on this one. I pushed in most of them but held back in pump on the legs. I also did not push 100% today. I definitely want to keep up on this.
3. Blog at least 3 times per week. I blogged exactly 3 times last week. This week I’ve scheduled myself for at least 4. I might actually get to 7 this week.
4. Comment on at least 2 posts a day.A++++ on this one. (I think I posted 10+ comments on February 2.)
5. Finish work right away. Total F on this one. I have not started work right away and I keep paying the price for it. Will keep working. There’s still 3 weeks to go.
(BTW…so sorry for the consecutive posts without pictures. I took some. They just haven’t made it to the computer yet. Tomorrow…or the next time I blog…I promise.)